As the socialsphere continues to expand, it can be difficult to determine which channel to use in your social media strategy, which channels to concentrate on more so than others and which, in will work better for your business in the long run.
The list above is only a small selection of the social media channels that you could use and potentially be discovered on. But at what cost?
People that run a small business know that time is a precious commodity during business hours and social media can be time-consuming work if not strategist correctly.
Here are my top tips for choosing the perfect Social Media Channels for your small business:
- Research: Research each social media channel to determine which would work best for your business. The important factors to consider when doing this is:
- The product or service you are offering
- Your potential customer’s age bracket – this can help you decide which social media channel would be best e.g. Instagram would be used by 18 – 29 years olds more so than any other age bracket.
- Time: How much time do you have at your disposal per day / per week to concentrate on social media? This will determine the number of social media channels you can manage during your working week. Remember, the more social media channels you add to your marketing plan the more time you need to spend working on posts and responding to comments.
- Plan: Plan what you would like to post, that would be of interest to your potential customers. At this stage, it would be a great idea to research companies similar to yours and your competition so you can visualise what your potential customers would be interested in and what to avoid.
- Focus: Before setting up any social media channels for your business, you need to work out a clear plan. Many people who begin this journey lose their business focus while becoming socially savvy. This will have a negative effect on your business due to time lost when trying to come to terms with your social media journey.
- Choice: Inevitably the choice of how many social media channels you set up for your small business is your own. Choose wisely!
Just remember your time is precious, the most tedious part of your time should be researching and planning your social media strategy, not setting them up!
Need help in deciding which channels suit your business? Schedule a 15 minute call by clicking the link below.